Anthony Scaramucci is back.
The former White House communications director, who lasted just days in the job before Donald Trump fired him, says his famous profanity-laced phone call was recorded without his permission.
But a spokesperson for The New Yorker said on Thursday that reporter Ryan Lizza wasn’t required by law to get Scaramucci’s consent to record the conversation.
Scaramucci called Lizza last month and insulted White House aides using vulgar language during the phone interview.
It was rumored he’d been after a White House job since Trump’s election.
In fact, that’s why things between him and former chief of staff Reince Priebus got so tasty.
It’s believed Scaramucci had a seriously bitter relationship with him because he stopped him from securing a job earlier on.
In an expletive-ridden chat with the New Yorker journalist, he said his rival was a ‘fucking paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac’ saying he had ‘cock-blocked’ him from the White House for six months.
He went on to insult Steve Bannon. He said: ‘I’m not [Trump’s chief strategist] Steve Bannon, I’m not trying to suck my own cock, I’m not trying to build my own brand off the fucking strength of the President. I’m here to serve the country.’
Whether or not Scaramucci knew he would be quoted is a point of contention.
This phone call went very, very public and was ultimately responsible for his demise.
No real light was shed on why he got the boot. At the time, press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told reporters: ‘He does not have a role at this time in the Trump administration. I don’t have much else to add.’
She elaborated slightly, explaining that Trump ‘felt that Anthony’s comments were inappropriate for a person in that position’.
Scaramucci is planning a media tour next week, beginning Sunday with an interview with George Stephanopoulos on ABC’s “This Week.” He’ll follow that up with an appearance Monday on Stephen Colbert’s “The Late Show.”