Celebrity wins High Court gagging order over alleged incident in his home

A wealthy celebrity won a High Court gagging order over an alleged incident at his home that he could be a witness in.

The male star – known only as AJS – is not a suspect and was not arrested in the investigation, and their identity will be protected following the victory.

However, it was revealed that the injunction could still be lifted if the arrested person is charged, and the unnamed celebrity is called on to give evidence in court.

There was a “serious criminal offence” at the home of AJS last month, according to Mr Justice Nicol.

The star was at home with two women and another man at the time of the alleged incident, while another unnamed male was arrested and bailed in connection with the incident.

“What is at stake is not one of the most intimate aspects of the claimant’s private life,” Mr Justice Nicol added.

Meanwhile, former Met Detective Chief Inspector Colin Sutton said to The Sun: “I’d be furious if I was the senior investigating officer. Publicity and the ability to publicise things is key to solving lots of serious crimes.”

The star filed for a temporary injunction on March 4, when he was approached by The Sun for a comment – and Mr Justice Nicol explained he didn’t “consent to publication”, while he has a reasonable expectation of privacy due to the information being unrelated to AJS’s public role.

Click here to Read from the source

x

Check Also

Chris Grayling seeks to reassure U.S., airlines of Brexit plans

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – British Transport Secretary Chris Grayling said on Thursday he had met with ...

Shares