Nissan's inappropriate inspections started at least 20 years ago – NHK

TOKYO (Reuters) – Inappropriate inspection practices at Nissan Motor Co (7201.T) had been going for at least 20 years, Japanese national broadcaster NHK reported on Friday, in a new revelation that could further roil Japan’s second-biggest automaker.

Nissan said late on Thursday it was suspending domestic production of vehicles for the Japanese market for at least two weeks to address misconduct in its final inspection procedures, which it first revealed last month. The scandal has led to a recall of all 1.2 million cars it sold in Japan over the past three years.

A Nissan spokesman declined

To see the full content, share this page by clicking one of the buttons below

Click here to Read from the source

x

Check Also

Iran sets Dec. 10 court date for jailed Iranian-British aid worker

LONDON (Reuters) – Iran has told jailed Iranian-British aid worker Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe that she will ...

Shares