Transfers live: Liverpool deny Philippe Coutinho talk, Barcelona want Christian Eriksen, United scout Sergi Roberto

After a long, long summer, the Premier League is finally back!

Arsenal and Leicester go head to head tonight at the Emirates to kick off what promises to be another season of entertainment.

Still, the transfer market remains very much alive and kicking ahead of deadline day later this month.

Barcelona remain fixated on landing Liverpool playmaker Philippe Coutinho, though the Reds are insistent their prized possession is not for sale.

Arsenal look no closer to resolving the Alexis Sanchez saga while Antonio Conte‘s search to strengthen his ‘small’ squad continues.

Further abroad, PSG are said to be closing in on Monaco’s Kylian Mbappe in a £163m deal – a mere week after forking out nearly £200m for Neymar.

Another day in the summer transfer window… follow the latest deals and reports below!

Live Updates

Jurgen Klopp has insisted that Liverpool will only sign their first-choice transfer targets and if they fail to do so, will not go for a “plan B, C or D”.
The Reds have already brought in Mohamed Salah, Andrew Robertson and Dominic Solanke but have been left frustrated in their pursuits of their other top targets.

Liverpool have denied that Philippe Coutinho has formally asked to leave the club.
Sky Sports reported on Friday lunchtime that the Brazilian had handed in a transfer request on the back of Liverpool’s statement earlier in the day.
The Reds’ owners, Fenway Sports Group, rejected a second bid for the player from Barcelona on Thursday and followed it up with an unequivocal declaration of their intention to keep the 25-year-old midfielder.
More below:

  

Southampton manager Mauricio Pellegrino remains hopeful that Virgil van Dijk will “change his point of view” about wanting to leave the club.
The defender, who will his miss side’s Premier League opener against Swansea after being struck down with a virus, submitted a transfer request earlier this week asking that Southampton “consider the interest” in him.
Van Dijk continues to be linked with a move to Anfield despite Liverpool’s insistence in June that they had dropped their interest in the defender following Saints’ threat to report the club over an alleged illegal approach.
The 26-year-old has also attracted interest from the likes of Premier League champions Chelsea and Manchester City.
But after it emerged that none of the centre-back’s potential suitors have tabled an offer, Pellegrino expressed his belief that the player could still return to the fold at St Mary’s.
 
More below:

  

  BREAKING:

Danny Rose has apologised for the timing and manner of his comments during a newspaper interview in which he criticised Tottenham’s transfer policy and placed into doubt his future at the club. 
Rose told The Sun that he was underpaid and considering a move north – with Manchester United known to be interested – but rowed back on those comments in a statement released on Friday morning.
“Having had time to consider my actions I acknowledge now that the timing and manner of what I said was ill-judged,” he said.
“My words were not meant to offend and for that I would like to apologise to the chairman, manager, my team mates and the fans. 
“I’d also like to wish the lads good luck ahead of Sunday’s game against Newcastle.”
More below:

Arsene Wenger has admitted he is struggling to get Alexis Sanchez to commit to a new deal at Arsenal.
Although the Frenchman has insisted that his prized possession won’t be going anywhere this summer, he’s “not super optimistic” that Sanchez will renew his commitment to the club next summer.
Wenger told SFR Sport: “In the short term he will remain an Arsenal player. Now, will we manage to extend his contract?
“Whether we manage to get him to sign an extension or not – we have so far not been able to.
“On that level I am not super optimistic. We have the firm intention not to sell him.”
 

BREAKING

Liverpool have released a statement reaffirming their stance that Philippe Coutinho won’t be sold this summer.
The Reds’ statement read: “We wish to offer clarity as regards our position on a possible transfer of Philippe Coutinho.
“The club’s definitive stance is that no offers for Philippe will be considered and he will remain a member of Liverpool Football Club when the summer window closes.”
The Brazilian has been heavily linked with moves to Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain, following Neymar’s sensational £198m move to France.

Juventus are set to put in a £23m bid for Liverpool midfielder Emre Can as they attempt to prise the German away from Anfield, according to reports.
Liverpool’s efforts to tie down the German on a new contract have so far proved fruitless, with the player’s situation subsequently drawing attention from Italy.
Can has less than a year remaining on his current contract and negotiations between player and club have made no progress over the summer.
In light of such developments, Gazzetta dello Sport reports that Serie A champions Juventus are to make a £23m offer for the midfielder.

Stoke manager Mark Hughes has revealed that the club are “very close” to signing Bruno Martins Indi on a permanent basis.
The Dutchman spent last season on loan with the Potters but now looks set to become part of the landscape at the Bet 365 Stadium.

Liverpool have been linked to Gremio forward Luan, with reports from Brazlian outlet Globo Esporte claiming that the Reds have been keeping tabs on the 24-year-old this summer. 
The Anfield club also reportedly sent a scout to watch Luan in action during Gremio’s 2-1 win against Godoy Cruz in their Copa Libertadores clash on Wednesday night.
Luan has scored six goals and has made six assists in 25 appearances in all competitions in the current campaign so far, and is now into the final 12 months of his contract.
Luan has been imaginatively dubbed the “next Ronaldinho” but the forward has only made one appearance for Brazil in his career so far.

Arsene Wenger has admitted that Arsenal have never been close to signing Leicester’s Riyad Mahrez.
The Gunners have been linked to the Algerian after he made it clear that he wanted to leave the King Power in search of more silverware.
But Wenger has dismissed such speculation, insisting he already has “similar types” of players at Arsenal.
“We were never close,” he added when asked about Arsenal moving for Mahrez.
“I rate him as a player but we have similar types with Alex Iwobi, Jack Wilshere back, Mesut Ozil … we have plenty of the same type of players.”
Wenger also revealed that Arsenal remain open for business in the summer transfer market.
“We are still open,” he said. “But of course at the moment I have currently 33 players and it is very difficult to manage on a daily basis such a high number.”

Talking of transfers, here’s one recent Arsenal signing that Arsene Wenger has challenged to score a goal a game as he did in France. No pressure, Alexandre…

After landing the shock transfer of the summer, Paris Saint-Germain are looking to do it all again as they chase down Monaco’s Kylian Mbappe.
The Daily Mirror reports that PSG are closing in on a £163m deal for the youngster in what would be another major coup for the French club.
Such a transfer would bring the club’s spending up to £362m as they attempt to carve out a new world order in football.
The Mirror claims PSG are poised to hand Mbappe a £10m-a-year deal to prise him away from the Stade Louis II, though Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasilyev has made clear his club’s position over the youngster: “Mbappe will make the right decision. He has never expressed a wish to leave us. The player needs to move for the sake of sporting reasons.”

Reports are claiming that Jose Mourinho is ‘privately confident’ over a deal for Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale – this is in spite of the United’s manager admission that is “Game over” in their pursuit of the Welsh superstar.
Nonetheless, the Sun alleges that Mourinho privately feels an agreement can still be reached with Bale whose future looks far from certain given the recent form of Spain’s Isco.
Good luck to Jose – he’s going to need it on this one, especially given what Bale said below.

Good morning and welcome to the start of the Premier League as Arsenal and Leicester get things going later tonight! It’s been a long two months but we’ve emerged relatively unscathed and a few million pounds lighter.
The PL may be cranking into gear but the transfer window remains very much alive and kicking. As such, we’ll be bringing you all the latest deals and gossip from today so make sure to stay tuned!

Please allow a moment for the blog to load.

Click here to Read from the source

x

Check Also

England power past USA in seven-try rout to reach World Cup semi-finals

Marlie Packer led the charge with two tries as defending champions England swatted the USA ...

Shares